Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Do you have a black hole in your life?

Bill Seybolt
I know that's an odd question... stick with me for a minute.

Bill Seybolt spoke at Launch Out conference in his robe and slippers. Why you ask? Because that's what he wears to work. He works from home. He calls it the 30 second commute. Bill said that we are more connected than ever before, but the way we work is broken. "Work is no longer a place, it's what we do."

Working from home has a lot of benefits. Bill enjoys the extra time he gets with his family. While I know this is not an option for everyone, I want to share some of the rest of what he said. Here is the link to his talk on You Tube: Bill Seybolt's Talk

Matt Lovell said "Maybe you feel like you can't start and have an anchor tied to you."
You can find Matt at http://mattlovell.net/

His talk was not video recorded, which I hate, because you would have loved it.  What is the black hole in your life? Unpaid debt, an unmade decision, an unresolved problem, maybe a bad habit unchanged? What is sucking the life out of you? You are probably trying to fill the void with the wrong things.

Stress and guilt are no way to live.

Please read that again: Stress and guilt are no way to live.

It's knowing who you are that makes you tick. Believe in yourself, believe in your potential, everyone knows it but you. (I felt like that sentence was spoken directly to me.)

Listen to your inner circle of family and friends. Listen to their questions and challenges to you. 

Have courage! Be fed up and face the stuff you need to, then do it!

When Catherine and I talked on Friday, we figured out that most of my "excuses" for not working on my book were mental! I was killing my own dreams with "What if"s" and "This might go wrong" junk. That was the black hole sucking my dreams away.

Stop doing that!

The Bible says in Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, and not for human masters."

Whatever you do for a living, whatever your dream is, whatever your hustle is, work like you are working for God. If He has called us to something, He has a reason and its our job to work at it until we aren't supposed to anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment