Thursday, June 18, 2015

How Often Do You Laugh?

Have you heard that old saying, "Laughter is the best medicine"? 
I believe that's true statement. 

Laughter does a lot for us physically and emotionally.

My best friend says I am happy and laugh a lot. I guess I do. I try to enjoy life and laugh at myself even.

Besides the work out, going to Zumba is good for me because we laugh there. We have so much fun. If we mess up, we laugh. If someone says an off the wall statement, like, "Remember, Reggie, you said I didn't have to do this one anymore?", we laugh. It's awesome!

God wants us to laugh too!

Yesterday's Jesus Calling Devotional says, "Learn to laugh at yourself more freely. Don't take yourself or your circumstances so seriously."
(SORRY, but I can hear my son pretending to be the Joker right here, "Why so serious?") LOL

The next paragraph says, "Laughter lightens your load and lifts your heart into heavenly places. Your laughter rises to heaven and blends with angelic melodies of praise. Just as parents delight in the laughter of their children, so I delight in hearing My children laugh. I rejoice when you trust Me enough to enjoy your life lightheartedly."

So, God WANTS us to laugh! How cool is that?

And, our laughter mixing with the angel's praises? WOW!

Has something stolen your joy and keeping you from laughing?

Get it back!

Joy is something that God has given us. It's deep seeded. Happiness comes and goes. It is based on circumstances. But JOY, joy is in your heart. Joy allows you to laugh even in the midst of a storm. 

If you need some laughter, we have the internet with a ton of options. One thing I like is a TV show called Wipe Out. The contestants are on outdoor obstacles. They fall A LOT and the hosts are so funny. I KNOW I will laugh watching it... so if I am down and really need some laughter, that's what I do. 

What do you do if you need to laugh? 

How often do you laugh?

Maybe now that you know God enjoys our laughter and it mixes with the angel's praises in heaven, you will look for things to laugh about. I know I will.
This is an out-take from a photo shoot with my kids. That's serious laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment