Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Exercising Your Faith

If you remember, I am an avid Zumba person. Sometimes things come up, but I try to attend class at the least 3 days a week, at the most 5. It has been the only exercise I will not stop. (Remember, I'm also bad about starting and stopping things.)

In the last few weeks, I have stayed after Zumba to join a cardio kick boxing class. My close friend Barbara said that I needed to shock my body because it's so used to Zumba. I am the kind of person who will try anything once, so I stayed. Goodness! That was tough. Especially jumping rope!

Well, of course at the end of each class we stretch. Last night, we also did some other exercises for our abs. 

I started thinking on the way home... when you stretch and use muscles that haven't been used normally, that's how you burn fat. The muscle gets leaner or either bulks up, I can't remember. But, the muscle is being used that hasn't been used. That stretching then can cause you to be sore, but to lose weight as well. 

Isn't our faith the same way?


Don't we need to "exercise" our faith?

Hebrews 11: 1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Faith is believing without seeing. We can't physically see God or Jesus.

The disciples could, and yet, many times, Jesus says to them, "Oh yea of little faith." He was right there with them.

He also said that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed and you tell a mountain to move, it will. (Matthew 17:20)

Exercising your faith is believing that God will keep His promises, and do what He says He will do. It's about having hope and knowing that You are loved by Him fully and completely. 

God is not a vending machine though. We don't just put in requests and get everything we want. But we can exercise our faith and trust that He has our best interests at heart.

What is going on in your life right now that you could use more faith with?

One way to get it is by sharing it with someone and having them pray with you. 

Remember God's promises too. He keeps His promises.

Exercise your faith today! God is waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment