Friday, March 27, 2015

It's All In The Details!!

God is a part of our every day life.

He is in the small stuff.

He is also in the details.

See, we get so busy with life that we just miss stuff.

Part of the reason why I am so intrigued with the clouds, sun, sunsets and sunrises is because they remind me of God. I think of how awesome He is. Also, He is the greatest artist EVER! If I see something beautiful, I want to remember it and share it with others, so I take a picture.

Sometimes, there are surprises in my pictures. I just pointed and clicked, but there is a little detail I didn't see before the snap. I enjoy when that happens.

Whatever you are going through, you might not think God is there. But I assure you, He's in the details too. It doesn't have to be this big huge thing.

I was reminded of this yesterday. I bought some new shoes for Zumba, and they just did not work. I sounded like Squidword from Spongebob when I walked. It was the weirdest thing. I was taking them back, and my son was hoping to find a pair of Converse tennis shoes. I bought myself a pair of those for Valentine's Day this year. They are cool, so he's been wanting a pair.

Out of all the shoes on the shelves, none were his size. He was even going to get womens but they had flowers and polka dots inside. LOL

I was at the other end of the store looking at shirts. He text and asked me to come back to the shoe department.

Talk about my child! He wanted those shoes so bad, he pays attention to details I like do, that he noticed a pair on a mannequin. He had the shoe lady help him get them off to try them on. Sure enough! They were his size.

If he had not of been paying attention, he would have missed them.

Don't we do that every day. We miss God's blessings because we aren't paying attention. We are distracted by the noise. God wants us to slow down every day and spend some time with Him.

Here are a few nuggets from my Jesus Calling devotional:

"Be still in My Presence even though countless tasks clamor for your attention. Nothing is as important as spending time with Me. While you wait in My Presence, I  do My best work within you, transforming you by the renewing of your mind. If you skimp on this time with Me, you may plunge head-long into the wrong activities, missing the richness of what I have planned for you. Do not seek Me primarily for what I can give you. Remember that I, the Giver, am infinitely greater than any gift I might impart to you."

God is in the details. Watching for where He is working, and going along with it is a great way to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment