Sunday, December 28, 2014

Will You Still Fly?

Yesterday, I kept two very sweet very active six year olds. We had a lot of fun! I have a confession... even at my age, I love kids' movies. Some of the one's out now have such a great story and meaning behind them. 

I finally got to see Planes: Fire and Rescue yesterday. One of the songs really moved me, and I wanted to share it with you all.

Still I Fly by Spencer Lee was playing while Dusty was flying from his town to a place to learn how to be a firefighter plane. He had an engine part that would blow up if he raced again. His town was shut down because they didn't have enough emergency vehicles. So he volunteered, knowing that he would still fly, just not as fast and in races anymore.

Here are the lyrics to the song:
There' a time in your life
When the world is on your side
You might not feel it
You might not see it
But it surrounds you like a light
Makes you stronger for the fight
Never letting go
Gotta learn to grow
Watch me as I touch the sky
Still I fly
Now I know it's what I gotta do
Find a dream that's new
Give it all I got this time
Still I fly
Still I fly
Feel the wind all around
All the courage to be found
Who knows what's out there
I know I'll get there
Oh off into the sun
I know I'm not the only one that's
Never letting go
Gotta learn to grow
Watch me as I touch the sky
Still I fly
Now I know it's what I gotta do
Find a dream that's new
Give it all I got this time
Still I fly
Still I fly
Still I fly
Breathe it in
I'm gonna shine
It's my moment
Gotta live and live it right
I'm flyin
Flyin so strong
I'm movin'
I'm movin'
I'm movin' on
Never letting go
Gotta learn to grow
Watch me as I touch the sky
Still I fly
Now I know it's what I gotta do
Find a dream that's new
Give it all I got this time
Still I fly
Still I fly
2014 is almost over. Maybe this has been the best  year of your life, which I hope is true! But maybe you've had a bad year. Or maybe a few bad seasons this year. Maybe you had a wake up call this year... something serious happened and you realized what the most important things in your life really are. They aren't things at all. They are people.

Nevertheless, keep moving forward! Still fly! Don't let the past keep you down. Things happen. Sometimes we do have the world on our side, other times it feels like it's fighting against us. Still fly!

Need a new dream, goal, job, relationship, way of life? GREAT! You can start that today.

Whatever you do, don't give up!

Don't let any set backs stop you from what is ahead of you.

You've got a few days left of this year. Why don't you sit down and write what your goals are? Let's put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, and make a list.

Then, let's do whatever it takes to stick to it!

I will be your biggest cheer leader if you want me to! Tell me your list, or goals, and how I can help. If nothing else, I can pray for you. I enjoy praying for others.

Here is the video if you'd like to listen to the song too... it's really good.
Still I Fly By Spencer Lee

God bless you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment