Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What Do You See When You Look In The Mirror?

My work Christmas party was last night. I came home, did a few things, then got ready. I always sit in the bathroom floor by my stand up mirror to put on my make up. I have a vanity in my room, it was my Granny's. But the lighting isn't good in there. I looked at myself last night, and these are some of my thoughts....

1.I have one eye color that is my dad's, and one that is my mom's. I guess God did that because I'm an only child and He wanted to be fair. 

2. My mouth turns down a little on each side, just like my Grandpa Pate's did. He didn't smile much though, and I do. I even noticed I am getting smile lines on the edges of my mouth. I guess that's ok, I will be 41 tomorrow, so I'm just now getting them, AND that means I smile a lot... nothing wrong with that!

3. Even with these inherited traits, I am me. I am unique and different. I have some of my parents qualities/ talents. But I'm still me. I can draw like my mom and I'm a people person like my dad.

I have these stickers on my mirror. 

Psalm 139: 14 says, "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

God made us all to be who He wanted us to be so we could reach people for Him in our own way. I have a gift for writing. I think I have a distant relative that was a writer too, so it might be inherited as well. Maybe you don't. That's ok. You have talents, skills, and abilities to use in order to tell people that God loves them.

AND if you are like me, and have struggled with your self esteem... yeah, let's stop that junk. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. So who are WE to put down one of GOD's creations?? (Ouch, I know. I've struggled for years with my self esteem.)

When you look in the mirror... you should see a child of God that He made with a plan and purpose. You should see someone so special that He picked your parents DNA for you to have. There is a reason you are their child and in that family. 

Maybe you didn't have a family growing up. Life could have really been bad for you. Everything I said still applies. You are special and here for a reason. 

I don't know who needed to hear this today..but I pray you do. Next time you are in the mirror, remember this post. Smile at yourself and say, "That crazy coffee with Snoopy lady said I'm special." Because you are!

Selfie just before leaving for the party.

 

4 comments: