Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Ultimate Christmas Gift

Well, we all know it's Christmas time. We go crazy trying to find the perfect gift for our loved ones. Sometimes, if you are like me, you allow yourself to get caught up in that.

I was walking to the music room at work the other day. My Worship Pastor boss is getting ready for a big production tomorrow night. I saw a wooden manger... and this was inside:

I thought... that's interesting.

The place that baby Jesus was put after He was born is holding a Bible.

Then, I felt like God spoke softly to my heart... the Bible was a gift to you all too.

See, when Moses was doing everything he was doing for the Lord, he started writing it down. A lot of the Old Testament was written by him and without out it, the Jewish people would only have word of mouth. The Old Testament was and probably is, something every Jewish person memorizes. It's their actual history.

They did not have the New Testament for years. The books Paul wrote, were from his life experiences. They were letters to the churches he helped plant. 

We are blessed with the entire book. We know who wins. We get to see the struggles and how God worked through them. 

It is a gift to us, just like Jesus coming in the form of a human to die on a cross for our sins. He paid the price that we will never have to.

I will be totally honest, I don't read my Bible every day. I have several different types of Bibles too. That in and of itself is amazing as well. To have more than one Bible, and not have to hide it. We live in a blessed country. (Even though we have a lot of problems.)

I don't know about you, but the gift of salvation and the Bible mean a lot to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment