Thursday, October 23, 2014

God is NOT a dishwasher!

My Dishwasher

This is my dishwasher. My house was built in 2000. So it's 14 years old respectfully.
 A few weeks ago, it stopped working.

I have been hand washing dishes.

UGH!

Yesterday afternoon, as I was washing dishes, something came to me.

When the dishwasher worked, I had to rinse off dishes, wash out some dishes, and even let some soak in dish liquid.

The dishwasher doesn't scrub, ya know.

Hand washing is just that.. washing. 

I thought about so many people who think they have to be "cleaned up" before they give their life to God. Just like what we do before we put dishes in the dishwasher.

The truth is, God accepts us just as we are. 

You do not have to "get your life right", "be good enough", or "straightened out" on your own.

Romans 5: 8 says, "But God demonstrates His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

When you give your life to God, the Holy Spirit comes in and He will guide you and help you navigate through stuff.

You cuss too much? So what?

You drink? So what?

Nothing you can do will make God love you any less. Just like nothing you do will make Him love you anymore either.

God isn't a dishwasher. He doesn't need you rinsed off first.


No comments:

Post a Comment