Tuesday, September 16, 2014

This is who I am, for real.

I friend of mine recently said that I was "brainwashed". I struggle with my self esteem and negative thoughts about myself so much that it's just not funny!

My old boss/ Pastor used to call his wife his "Smoking hot wife". I have thought many times, "I don't think anyone will ever say that I am their hot wife." It is honestly how I felt...that's why I said it. 

Then, I mentioned being brainwashed, and was told that maybe I needed a towel to dry that mess up! LOL

What my head has knowledge of, needs to sink into my heart. That's what needs to happen.

This is who we ALL are:

God's child (John 1:12)

I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)

I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)

I am assured that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)

I have not been given a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)

I am given God's glorious grace lavishly without restriction (Eph. 1:5)

I have purpose (Ephesians 1:9, 3:11 and Jeremiah 29:11)

I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)

I am completed by God (Ephesians 3:19)

I am not alone (Hebrews 13: 5)

I am chose and dearly loved by God (Colossians 3:12)

You see, my head knows this stuff, but my heart struggles for myself.

Do I believe God loves us all? YEP!!

Do I believe He loves you, fully, completely, unconditionally? YES!! I just do not believe it for myself. 

The reality is that God loves us, everything about us! The color of our eyes, the way we talk, how we walk, how we love others, that we use our talents to honor Him, etc, etc, etc.... I could go on and on.

I'm going to start saying these Scriptures out loud to myself, so maybe they will start sinking in my heart. Those negative things in my brain and heart need to go away!




No comments:

Post a Comment