Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm sorry (again)

I feel as if I have done you all a dis-service. Many many times have a quoted or referenced the Scripture Jeremiah 29:11.... without even knowing what the next two verses were. I just read them this morning, and WOW!! I should have quoted them all along too.

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 11. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 12. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

The God of the universe... the One who spoke and made this earth, who formed us in our mother's womb said not only does He have a plan to prosper us, but when we call on Him, He listens! And if we seek Him with all of our hearts, we find Him.

How awesome is that?!

I know I have had times in my life, as I'm sure you have too, when you felt like God wasn't there at all. However, I believe that other promise He told us, that He will never leave us or forsake us. Now, we've got these promises. He listens to us!

Do you realize how huge that is? I've often thought about how it's possible for Him to do that. There have to be millions of people praying all at once. I feel like a small little ant on the face of the earth sometimes. Then I read something like this. He listens! He hears me! Me, short little quirky Jill from Georgia. 

Have you seen the movie Bruce Almighty with Jim Carey? If not, you should watch it. At one point, "God" aka Morgan Freeman, allows Bruce to hear people's prayers. Here is a quick link:
Bruce Hear's Prayers

The thing is, our God, the real God, knows not only how to hear them all, but how to answer them all too! Sometimes, it's a "no", "yes", or "not now". But He answers. We just don't always like what we hear back. 

I hope that this helps someone today. It sure helped me. I know that I am loved by God and it gets me through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment