Sunday, February 9, 2014

Why you should NOT go to church!

Before you think I've lost my mind, let me explain. I do not believe that in order to be a "Christian" you MUST attend church every week. 

However, I believe there are several reasons why you should not be going.

Here are my reasons for not attending church:

1. If you are wanting to get "fed" there. Hearing a message at church should not be the only time you hear the Bible. It is not a Pastor's job to "feed" you God's Word. 

2. If you are wanting to socialize. Church should not be a country club with cliques of people. That's what country clubs are for. Church is about having a church FAMILY to help you get through life.You should be authentic with your church family. Not fake like at the country club.

3. If you think God is a vending machine. God hears our prayers. He will answer in His own way and time. Praying about things only at church on Sunday does not make Him magically answer.

4. If you think God will love you more. Going to church does NOT make God love you any more than He already does. NOTHING you can do will make Him love you any less either. 

5. If you want the church to raise your children. Teaching your children about God is your responsibility. NOT the church's. What they hear each Sunday should only be in addition to what you talk about all week.

The Bible says in Hebrews 10: 24 & 25 "24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Meeting together, at a church, will help you spur one another on toward love and good deeds. It helps encourage us. It is a great way to start your week off right. 

I absolutely LOVE my church and church family. I have been there for over three years now. Our worship band is top notch. I hear a message that I can apply to my life each week, and I always always get hugs! (Which is just an added perk, we are huggers.)

If you do not currently have a church home, I want to encourage you to find one. Find one you fit in to. You need to enjoy being there. It should not be a chore. 

If you live within 30 minutes of me and do not attend anywhere, come join me! I will meet you at the door!


No comments:

Post a Comment