Friday, February 21, 2014

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

There is thing in this world that I just can not stand. That is being lied to.

I would rather be hit, slapped, or punched. No, I don't want to be abused... I mean, make me mad or hurt my feelings, but by all means just tell me the truth. I am simply saying that I do not like being lied to. AT ALL!

I have lived many years with someone who lied to be on a regular basis. I was even lied to for years at a time about certain things. 

As you can imagine, trust becomes an issue when the truth isn't being told. And trust is really hard to gain back once it's lost.

Proverbs 21: 6 says, "A fortune made by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapor and a deadly snare."

In Colossians 3: 9 Paul encourages the church not to lie, "Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with it's practices."

Titus 1: 2 and Hebrews 6:18 both speak of how God can not lie. Thank goodness He can't and doesn't lie to us.

This means that everything God says is true. He really does love us unconditionally. He really is always here for us. He really won't ever leave us. That's so comforting to me.

If you happen to have a problem with lying, search your heart. Why do you lie? There has to be a reason.

Are you trying to protect yourself? Are you wanting to hurt someone else on purpose?

I can tell you this, you are much better off telling the truth. Like I said, someone could get hurt or angry with you, but at least you are honest. Being honest a quality we all need to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment