Saturday, January 18, 2014

Give HOPE & LOVE

Life can be hard. People we love pass away, accidents happen, unexpected bills pop up, etc. 

I think something we can do to help is spread hope & love.

There are many who do not know that they are loved by God and that He has ways to help them through their difficult days.

Maybe today is the day for you to tell someone how much they are loved and how much they are valued. That one person is hanging on the end of their rope with just a few strings left.... instead of saying something negative to push them off, say something positive. Give them hope and love.

Here are a few things: 

Tell them that NOTHING they could ever do or have ever done will make God love them any less.

If a loved one has passed away tell them that Jesus said in Matthew 5:4, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

If they aren't sure of their future tell them what Jeremiah 29:11 says, "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

If they are afraid, Isaiah 41:10 says, "So, do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Someone close to me got a fortune cookie this week that said, "Correction does much, but encouragement everything."

Isn't that true? 

Hebrews 3: 13 says, "13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness."

People do not need to always hear how they are doing stuff wrong. Take a minute and encourage them, it will make a huge difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment