Saturday, December 14, 2013

Broken? That's ok!

The coffee mug that inspired the name of my blog ended up broken some how. It looks like this:

Even the words inside inspired me "When you get a good idea - run with it."

My handle is broken.

BUT, I can still use it. (It does not have to have a handle to hold coffee.) 

That made me think of how God uses broken people all of the time.

Even if you are broken, God can use you!

In the Bible, God uses many people who were broken and made mistakes.

Take Moses for example; he was saved from death as a baby and raised in the palace of the Pharaoh of Egypt. You would think he was good, right?

Nope. He knew that the Hebrew slaves in Egypt were actually his family and he didn't like it. In fact, he murdered an Egyptian because he was beating a Hebrew slave.

God still used Moses in a MIGHTY way. (Just check out Exodus.)

There are many more examples I could give you from the Bible. Joseph, Job, the disciples after Jesus went back to Heaven, Paul, just to name a few.

I've been broken. 

My life has taken unexpected turns several times. The key was that I didn't let it KEEP me down. I didn't STAY broken. 

I let God pick me up, heal me, use me, and moved on.

You can too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment