Thursday, June 20, 2013

Going through pain to get something good!

Hey guys! I know I haven't been posting as much as I should. Sorry about that.
 
I went blackberry picking today.... and it gave me something to write about.
 
Blackberries are a good fruit to me. I enjoy eating them, but they are so expensive at the grocery store. A friend of mine who I used to attend church with was posting on Facebook about the blackberries he'd found and this amazing cobbler he'd made. I had to get some!
 
These berries were on someone's property and just needed to be picked.
FREE! I never turn down free!
 
I haven't picked blackberries since I was a little girl. We had a holding pond in the neighborhood I grew up in. Blackberries grew all around it. I remember picking them during the summer and how good they were. This adventure today brought back those memories.
 
It also made me think... as I reached for big fat juicy berries, sometimes, my hand got snagged on a thorn. It hurt! I have scratches on my hands...but it was worth it!
 
Sometimes, you've just got to get hurt, and get over it to get the fruit in life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment