Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Today's Lesson Learned by Jill



Today, I was cruising around on Twitter when I came across some friend's teenagers Twitter. I was very surprised by what I read, and just posted a couple of questions, starting with a statement that I was about to offend someone... here is exactly what I wrote:

"This might upset some people...but seriously, do you know what your kids are writing on Twitter? If they say they love the Lord, why all the cussing and stuff? Are these teenagers just playing church around their parents and being real on Twitter and the parents don't know it?"

This started a conversation, one in which I was accused of condemning people. Someone else felt condemned by me in December. I can assure you, I am not a condemning person. I do my BEST to not judge or condemn, because, after all, I'm not perfect either.

It was brought to my attention by a very close friend of mine that sometimes my words SOUND condemning! So, that's what I'm doing wrong! I'm not thinking before I post, text or type something sometimes. Since it's only typed words on a screen, people don't know my emotions, feelings, sincerity, etc...

LESSON LEARNED!

From now on, I will think before I post anything. I want people to know that God loves them...and if I'm turning them away because they think I'm judging or condemning, then that's just not going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment