Thursday, March 16, 2017

The "Tiles" Of Life

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
So, over the weekend last weekend, I paid two men to help me and my son move furniture, and then rip out 17 year old carpet. 
It was SO gross! 17 years of dirt, children, and pets where under that carpet.
I did not invite people to my house because the carpet was so bad. It was stained and smelled.
I had been talking about doing this for months. I had several people offer to help. 
Guess how many showed up? NONE (And honestly, in their defense, I didn't remind or ask them when the day got close.)
It's ok though because it was a life lesson for me. I don't hold any hard feelings towards anyone.
I chose to put down peel and stick vinyl tile pieces. God BLESSED me with the price on the ones I got. I'm talking I paid a fourth of the cost!
My oldest son and daughter helped put down a few tiles, maybe a box and half between them. So I put down at least 14 boxes alone.
I think I was allergic to the glue because my fingers bright red and swollen.
I worked for hours on that floor, just me and God.
It built my character. It built my confidence.
Is it perfect? No, because I'm not an expert floor tiling person.
But, with God's help, I did it... and I'm proud of how my house looks now.
You see, we all have "tiles" in our lives. 
Some are low self esteem, pride, anger, and rejection, just to name a few.
When we take those tiles and lay them at God's feet, He redeems them. He turns them into something beautiful.
He is the foundation beneath our feet. He is the Rock on which we stand.
When we fully surrender to God, our lives change for the better. Bad stuff can and does still happen to us, but God is always there, walking with us.
Will you take some time today to lay down your "tiles" at His feet? Give it all to Him! Don't hold on to anything. He wants to walk through life in a personal relationship with you and help you through.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment