Saturday, September 17, 2016

Praise & Healing

"Think of it—the Lord is ready to heal me!
    I will sing his praises with instruments
every day of my life
    in the Temple of the Lord." Isaiah 38:20 NLT

Did you know that God WANTS to heal us from things?
I am not referring to our health, only. He does want us to be healed in that regard. But we need healing from emotional things as well, like low self esteem, anger issues, lying, pride, selfishness, jealousy, and racism, just to name a few.
You see, God loves us and He wants the best for us. He has a perfect plan for our lives, it's not a plan to harm us, but for hope and a future.
We have an enemy who likes to cause problems. As a Christian, he can't get your soul, which is awesome, but he wants to keep you away from God as much as possible.
If he can get you to not attend church, to not pray, and not read your Bible, then he's done what he's set out to do.
So, how do we get this healing when we are struggling with either a health issue or an emotional one? Praise!
Isaiah 53:5 says, "But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed."
Jeremiah 17:4 says, "Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."
Psalm 147: 1-3 says, "Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting! The Lord is rebuilding Jerusalem and bringing the exiles back to Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."
Something that is very healing to me in music. Praise music to be specific. When I'm down or feeling bad, I like to turn on music that is uplifting God and praising Him. It really helps.
What do you do when you are down or need healing? 
If you are struggling with anything, I would love to pray for you. Just get in touch with me.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment