Thursday, September 15, 2016

Hide & Seek With God

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." Hebrews 11:6 NIV
Small Groups started at my church this week. Our Wednesday night's have changed. We used to have Bible study at church, but we are super excited about kicking off Celebrate Recovery after they do The Comeback by Louie Gigilo. So, they have the room we used to be in and an older couple opened their home for small group Bible study.
This couple is one of my favorite couples at our church. He is a Vietnam Veteran. Served two terms over there. She's just a sweet woman who calls everyone "Honey", "Baby", and "Sweetie". She also tells you she loves you every time she sees you, and she really means it. (Not to mention she's our Pastor's biggest  AMEN cheerleader on Sunday's.)
Last night, the only participants were me and my best friend. But that was quite alright.
I felt like we had Spiritual parents teaching us. This week was a lesson on faith.
So, why did I title this "Hide and Seek"?  Because we hide from God, when we should be seeking Him.
The Scripture I posted above is one Mr. Ernest used. He told us how other translations change "Earnestly". For example: the New Living Translations says, "Sincerely", and the King James says, "Diligently".
What do all of those words have in common? They are action words. It's not JUST seeking Him, it's REALLY seeking Him.
I think what happens in life is that we try to hide from God. We do things wrong and we run. We try to get away from Him, but we can't. He's always there loving us and wanting a relationship with us.
Maybe you don't seek God because you are afraid you won't find Him. Well, Jesus gave us a guarantee. In Matthew 7:7, Jesus said, "  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
From my experience in life, living for God and earnestly seeking Him has been great! The reward that this Scripture talks about is God's unconditional love. I enjoy getting to know the Good Good Father who loves me unconditionally. I like reading His Word and praying (talking) to Him. He's always there.
If you need prayer for a fresh, intimate relationship with Him, just ask me. I would love to pray for you.
If you are local, and don't have a church or Wednesday night Bible study... why don't you join me next week at Mr. Earnest and Mrs. Flo's? You'll be glad you did. I promise.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment