Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Do you know Jehovah Jireh?

Philippians 4:19, "And my God will meet all of your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus."

Right off the bat, let me preface this post with a couple of things. Yes, I have a budget. And, I'm not totally dumb. 

I never really learned God's way to handle money. (Until recently because a friend sat me down and walked me through it.) When I was married, there were times when I paid the bills, times he paid the bills, and times we did it together. When he left, I was a stay at home, homeschooling mom. I didn't want to go back to work. (I've worked off and on over the years of my children being born.) I was doing what I felt like God had called me to do.

Well, that wasn't the cards I was dealt. Once he was gone, I had to do the bills alone. It took me a while to get a job. I have still struggled off and on these past almost three years now. However, I have support and I have a God who provides!

The Hebrew name for the God who provides is Jehovah Jireh. Abraham called God that when He provided the ram for a sacrifice. (Genesis 22) I wrote this out on an index card one day to keep it front of me. 

All this year, I can look back and see times He provided for me. Even when I screwed up!

This summer, when my son got hurt, we were 3 1/2 hours away in the hospital. His health insurance paid a lot of the bills, but there were some left. Another insurance company took care of those, and provided me a mileage check for the return doctor visits. That was very unexpected and I needed it when I got it.

I called to make a house payment a couple of months ago, and was told that I had a $28 credit towards the payment. I don't know how it happened, and it wasn't a ton, but it was a blessing and I was thankful for it!

In November, we review our AFLAC insurance at work. I have never had it until now. I wish I would have had the accident policy when my son got hurt, because it would have provided a ton of money directly to me. You better bet I got it this time around. BUT, I got money off of one of the policies because we stayed well all year. I had no idea they do that! It was money that I needed right then too.

Yesterday, I was given a Christmas bonus at work. We talked about it a few months ago and figured we would not be given anything. It's been a tough year. We all agreed that we'd rather get our regular pay and no bonus. Honestly, I'm running behind on my biggest bills. I knew I needed every dime from my check today, and the money I get on Friday to pay them both. I had no idea how I was going to finish Christmas shopping, put gas in my car, and buy groceries. 

That check is just enough to get me through until next Friday. GOD IS GOOD! All this time, we have had times of tight or no extra money. We've also had times of plenty.But we have never gone without. 

It's not just money either. A man at church gave us a cooler full of deer meat a few months ago. We've eaten all of it! That saves me a ton on groceries because meat is usually the most expensive part of your meal.

I feel loved through physical touch... which is just one reason I love our church, we are huggers. I hadn't been getting very many hugs lately, but last Saturday I went shopping with a guy friend to help him get gifts for his family. He hugged me several times. He didn't even know I'd been feeling out of sorts at all. God did. God provided those hugs through him for me. It just amazes me!

This week at work, my co-worker brought food Monday and yesterday we had left overs from the youth Christmas party for lunch. So, my lunch has been provided. (Along with many yummy bad for me cookies and junk food. LOL)

Can I just tell you that my heart is full? I know that God cares about my every need. He provides and gives me just what I need, just when I need it. He feels the same way about you! 

God loves you more than any human being could. He wants you to have joy, peace, and love. He will provide just what you need exactly when you need it if you trust Him and watch for it. Don't just push those things aside like they don't matter. You could miss out on a blessing if you do.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment